J&K Roofing is your go to roofing company for any job, big or small. But there are many ways you can maintain your roof before it gets to the point of need needing repair or replacement. Roofing maintenance takes time, but if you are on top of things, it could save you money in the long run. Contact J&K Roofing at (954) 961-9879, or stop by our location at 2010 Sherman Street, Hollywood, FL 33020.
It’s important to always inspect your roof, especially after a severe weather season. The best time to do this is when you are cleaning out your gutters.
- Look for missing, damaged or curling shingles and any indications of wear and tear.
- Check for signs of fungus or other mold. If spot any, install zinc or lead control strips.
- Inspect metal areas for rust. If you find any, wire brush the rust, then prime and paint the metal.
- Examine the flashing to make sure it’s solid. If it’s not, remove all of the old caulk and scrub the area clean before resealing.
- Seal any cracked mortar or caulking around joints and chimneys, if it appears to be deteriorating.
Other maintenance issues may include:
- Sweep or blow off excess debris on the roof. Sticks, leaves and other debris can cause damage to shingles, cause mold to grow and eventually clog the gutters.
- Trim any branches that are hanging over the roof to prevent damage and keep squirrels and other animals away.
- A thick layer of water accumulation could lead to roof collapse. Inspect your roof after a severe down pour or rain storm.
Roofing maintenance in Hollywood, FL is often ignored, but small problems with a roof can lead to some of the most costly home repairs around. Call J&K Roofing if you need assistance. We are standing by waiting to assist. Call us today.