The roofing over your head may not be something that’s always on your mind, but when it comes time to replace your roof, you’re probably racking your brain trying to figure out which roof is best for you. Well, as roofing options have been growing, choosing between your options has become increasingly difficult. At J & K Roofing, Inc., we work with all roofing types for both residential and commercial spaces. We can improve your home or business with a flat roof, a tile roof, a shingle roof or even a custom roof in Hollywood, FL. But, how can you know which roof is your best bet? Well, we’ve compiled a pro and con list of the two most popular roofing options, single and tile. To start narrowing down your roofing decision, check out our analysis below.
Shingles roofs in Hollywood, FL are a common sight, they’ve been covering South Florida roofing for decades. But, there are plenty of pros and cons to these roofing materials. At J & K Roofing, Inc., we like to look on the bright side, so here are the pros of shingle roofing.
- Lower Cost. Shingle roofing is typically made from affordable materials such as asphalt, which can be produced and shipped in bulk. These shingles simply cost considerably less than tile roofing.
- Style Flexibility. You can choose shingles roofs in Hollywood, FL that match almost any color, design and taste. Many homeowners choose simple black or tan shingle roofs, but other colors such as red, green and even blue.
Cons of shingle roofing.
- More Delicate Construction. Because shingle roofing is lighter and created from thinner materials, it can sustain damages sooner than tile roofing.
- Shorter Shelf Life. Shingles roofs are susceptible to greater damages over time, giving them a shorter shelf life than tile roofing.
Many homeowners choose to cover their homes with a tile roof in Hollywood, FL. Tile roofing has been around for centuries, with ancient civilizations creating pressed terra cotta tiles to cover their city’s buildings. Just as with shingle roofing, there are pros and cons to tiles. The pros of tiles include:
- Markedly Increased Durability. Tile roofing is incredibly durable, lasting for many years to come thanks to the sturdiness of the tiles used. Your tile roof can stand strong, even in hurricanes and inclement weather.
- Environmentally Friendly. Roofing tiles are typically made from materials such as clay and concrete, which are incredibly renewable. Many ecologically friendly, LEED certified and Energy Star buildings use tile roofing.
Cons of tile roofing.
- Higher Cost. Because tile roofing is so durable and renewable, it can cost more than shingle or flat roofing. But, at J & K Roofing, Inc., we can install the most affordable tile roofing around.
- Heavier Construction. Because tiles are heavier than shingles, this roofing may not be ideal for each and every building, due to weight constraints.
Whether you’re looking to add shingle, tile or even flat gravel roofing to your building, our experts at J & K Roofing, Inc. are here to help. We can help you determine which roofing type is ideal for your home, your business and your budget. Then, we’ll offer you the most honest pricing and excellent construction possible. To get started, call our roofing experts at (954) 961-9879 today.